Another tough one on the Besparmak Trail in Northern Cyprus. Despite the “low” mileage compared to last week’s marathon, this route had tons of vert and was incredibly technical–but I knew that going in. The entire last 8 miles were practically unrunnable, so I had to take it slow whether I wanted to or not (and believe me, I wanted to!).
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
This is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. The drums give me chills and I’m instantly hyped when it comes on. Fun fact, they recorded it in a multi-story house with an open floor plan to get the effect. Had to get creative before electronics.
An all-around good week of training. It’s still smoldering hot here in Cyprus but I managed to get outside for all of my runs, which was nice. I’ll be doing a lower-mileage week next week as we have some travel coming up, and then it’s one more hard week before the race tapering begins!
Until next week!