This weekend was the last training run before the Larnaca Marathon next weekend. No rain in the morning as I had experienced for the last two weekends, and I decided to head to the linear path not far from home. 20mi felt alright, with only a little bit of pain working its way in into my hip flexors toward the end. I shouldn’t have any problem finish the race next weekend, but I certainly won’t be breaking any records. Despite running my first marathon over 3 years ago, I don’t think I’m going to beat that time of 4h13min, simply because I haven’t been training for speed on roads. Either way, it has given me a reason to stay in running shape and since there aren’t any other trail races of that length taking place here for a while, it’s all I’ve got!
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Black Diamond Distance Z poles **NEW**
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
G-Eazy has some good jams. This is one of my favorites, and I think we could all take a page out of his book by meaning what we say. Maybe excluding the part about f****ing your b****.
This was a good week of training. I got in all my runs, pushed myself a little further than in past weeks, and am confident I’ll be just fine for the race next weekend. Like I said, I don’t plan to have a very strong finish but just want to get it done and stay in shape. I’ll taper a bit this week recover as much as I can before Sunday.
Until next week!