The pinnacle of my training this week was the long-awaited Buff Troodos Mountain Ultra 80k race, which I have spent the last 4 months training for. Race report coming soon! Until then, here’s my GPS watch track and a couple of pictures:
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Black Diamond Distance Z poles **NEW**
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
It seems that this song has played at the start line of every race I’ve run, and for good reason–it rocks! Try not to get pumped when hearing this blasted over the loudspeaker. I guess that what it takes to get some people excited for a 50-mile race!
What a week! As I mentioned, there is a race report forthcoming on the 80k, but long story short – I finished. It was as brutal as could be and completely kicked my ass, but the satisfaction of finishing was incredible. Now, where’s my wheelchair?
Until next week!
This website is supported by affiliate links, whereby for referral traffic I receive a small commission from select vendors at no additional cost to you. See my affiliate disclosure here.
Brandon Chase is a writer, endurance athlete, and guide based in Maine. He is a former Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. Department of State and spent nearly a decade overseas serving at embassies in Egypt, Cyprus, and Pakistan.
Along with a 98-day thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, he has summited Mt. Kilimanjaro, hiked the West Highland Way, fastpacked in the Himalayas, and trekked around New Zealand and South Africa. He also regularly competes in ultramarathons at the 50k, 50-mile, and 100-mile distances.