The pinnacle of my training this week was the long-awaited Buff Troodos Mountain Ultra 80k race, which I have spent the last 4 months training for. Race report coming soon! Until then, here’s my GPS watch track and a couple of pictures:
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Black Diamond Distance Z poles **NEW**
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
It seems that this song has played at the start line of every race I’ve run, and for good reason–it rocks! Try not to get pumped when hearing this blasted over the loudspeaker. I guess that what it takes to get some people excited for a 50-mile race!
What a week! As I mentioned, there is a race report forthcoming on the 80k, but long story short – I finished. It was as brutal as could be and completely kicked my ass, but the satisfaction of finishing was incredible. Now, where’s my wheelchair?
Until next week!