I didn’t do much of a long run this week – just a 10-miler on Friday and an easy 5-mi hike on Saturday. Still taking it easy since my knees and hip flexors flare up whenever I do more than that – it’s driving me crazy how long this recovery process is!
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Black Diamond Distance Z poles **NEW**
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
Slow jam this week. Comfortably numb is how my feet felt after the 80k race! I’ve gotten all the feeling back in my toes, but this is still a nice song to chill to.
I hope to start increasing my mileage this coming week. With a marathon coming up in 3 weeks I need to get in some long runs before then, which I just haven’t been able to do with the recovery. Now that the temperature in Cyprus is getting nice, I have more options in terms of when I can get out for a jog instead of only in the early mornings as was the case in the summer.
Until next week!
This website is supported by affiliate links, whereby for referral traffic I receive a small commission from select vendors at no additional cost to you. See my affiliate disclosure here.
Brandon Chase is a writer, endurance athlete, and guide based in Maine. He is a former Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. Department of State and spent nearly a decade overseas serving at embassies in Egypt, Cyprus, and Pakistan.
Along with a 98-day thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, he has summited Mt. Kilimanjaro, hiked the West Highland Way, fastpacked in the Himalayas, and trekked around New Zealand and South Africa. He also regularly competes in ultramarathons at the 50k, 50-mile, and 100-mile distances.