My long run this week was an easier one – just 13mi on the linear path in town. I have been taking it easy all week for recovery purposes after the 80k race last weekend and had been feeling alright, so I wanted to a little bit of a longer run this weekend in preparation for a race I’m doing next weekend. About halfway through this run, though, my left knee started bothering me. It had been a bit sore after the race last weekend but pretty much fine all week. It got quite painful during this run, to the point where I had to walk a significant portion of the return leg. I guess this is a sign that I need to take it easy for a bit longer!
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Black Diamond Distance Z poles **NEW**
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
One of my favorite bands, Awolnation, released a new song yesterday which I am really digging. It starts off a little strange (like many of their songs), but gets good fast. Can’t wait for their new album to drop!
This was a nice recovery week. I eased back into running pretty slowly, doing only a couple miles at a time, and then pushing it a little too far, it seems) this weekend. I’ll continue taking it slow this week in hopes that I’ll be recovered enough to do the 21-mile race next Saturday.
Until next week!