My long run this week was an 8-miler down in Pissouri Bay. We were visiting some friends and ran a beautiful and scenic trail on the coast with some awesome views. A good amount of it was on pavement as well, where I was able to practice picking up the pace a bit. Overall, a nice and lower-volume run.
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Black Diamond Distance Z poles **NEW**
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
Let it be, oh let it be! I try to remind myself of that whenever I’m tapering for a race. Doing extra volume now will only hurt me, not help.
This was an easy week of training to get myself rested for the race next weekend. I will taper even more this coming week until race day on Saturday. I’m a bit nervous going into this thing, as the race itself is nearly 17 miles longer than I have ever run – quite a jump. Really not sure how it will go, I may even DNF for all I know, but it will be a rewarding experience nonetheless. Here’s to pushing through your perceived physical limits!
Until next week!