I’ll also note that in my limited ultrarunning career, this is my first “50-mile week”! I’ve come pretty close in the past, but never surpassed it even with my 50k training. 50 miles in a week isn’t anything particularly special, it’s a new box to check for me.
Gettin after it.
- Altra Lone Peak 3.0 Shoes
- Suunto Ambit3 Peak GPS Sport Watch
- Patagonia Fore Runner Vest 10L
- Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap
- Under Armour Men’s UA Igniter 2.0 Sunglasses
- Icebreaker Men’s Strike Lite Shorts
- 2XU Compression Calf Guards
- Drymax Trail Run 1/4 Crew Socks w/ Turndown
- Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 16.2 MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels
- Thermotabs Salt Tablets (electrolytes)
This week, I’d like to serenade you with a video I took on my long run. I was running through this village and despite having my headphones in, could hear the Sunday services bellowing from the Agios Epofanios Greek Orthodox church. Although I’m not religious whatsoever, there’s something about the trance-like sermon of a Greek Orthodox priest that draws me in.
This was a great week of training. I got in my strength sessions, had my highest weekly mileage to date, and didn’t feel like death at the end of it all. We’re in for another heat wave in Cyprus next week, so I’m trying to schedule as many runs as possible in the mornings to avoid being out during the hottest part of the day.
Until next week!